Tuesday, August 20, 2013

DIY Face Mask for Nourishing Skin and Reducing Acne

My skin has been rebelling lately.  I've always battled acne and now adult acne is extra fun. Not.  A while back I shared a Nutmeg Face Mask (for reducing acne and exfoliating) and it's still one of my favorite quick and easy ways to spruce up my skin.  This mask helps tighten skin, smooth it and even reduce some inflammation from acne already on your skin.  This one has a 'yucky' texture due to the egg whites in this recipe.  My family thinks the nutmeg mask looks like poo smeared on my face...I just can't win.

I'm gonna try and explain why these ingredients are good for your skin and what they do rather than just list some stuff to spread on your face!

Egg whites: egg whites are full of protein and help nourish your skin.  They tighten your pores and skin, too.

Lemon Juice: lemon juice helps extract dirt from pores and blackheads.  The citric acid helps clarify skin.

Honey: honey has anti-bacterial properties that help reduce acne.  It also helps hydrate your skin.

Baking Soda: baking soda softens skin and exfoliates without drying your skin out.


You will need:
1 egg white
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon honey (local and raw is best)
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best but I didn't have any on hand)

Mix all ingredients well.  You will find that the backing soda will drop to the bottom so before applying give it another whisk.  I used a cotton ball to apply the mixture and let it sit for 10 minutes (give or take).  It'll dry fairly quickly but just let it sit for a bit.  Rinse it off with warm water and pat your face dry.  Your skin will feel tight for about an hour or so but I resist the urge to moisturize right away.  I love the way this leaves me skin!



3 comments:

  1. I will have to give this a try! My pores have been enlarged and those little black heads seem to be a chronic issue. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using everyday items for stuff like this!
    Elizabeth from Get Busy Living
    http://elizabethhermesch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blockchain Customer Service For Wallet Password Problems
    Blockchain users have to deal with wallet password errors. Wallet is protected by 2fa but still some time users get stuck. To eradicate all the wallet password errors from the roots, you can take fruitful assistance from the well-equipped professionals by calling on the Blockchain Customer Service Number +1833-228-1682 and get rid of all the errors instantly with accuracy. The experts know all the tricks and techniques that help in erasing your problems easier and faster.
    More Info Visit Here:-

    https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/wallet/blockchain/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...